SUNDANCE SQUARE’S INAUGURAL “FORT WORTH ART FAIR”
Fair to run in downtown Fort Worth’s Sundance Square Plaza from Thursday Through Sunday April 7-10, 11am-11pm Daily
MUSIC & ART GALLERY LINEUP
Headline Musical Performances by:
• Clint Black
• Abraham Alexander
• Steve Miller
• With Special Guest: Catherine Russell
(Performing with Shelly Berg, Dean Parks, Nathan East and Gregg Field)
Plus More Than 20 Local/Regional Musical Artists!
Sundance Square today announced program details for its Fort Worth Art Fair (FWAF), including headline music performances by Grammy Award winning country music artist Clint Black, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Steve Miller with special guest jazz vocalist Catherine Russell (performing with acclaimed pianist Shelly Berg, guitarist Dean Parks, bassist Nathan East, and drummer Gregg Field), Fort Worth’s Abraham Alexander, and Grammy Award winning R&B and jazz singer Ledisi. A first-of-its-kind cultural and experiential event, the FWAF is a premier event committed to spotlighting local artists and musicians.
Established by Sasha and Ed Bass, the inaugural Fort Worth Art Fair is a welcoming venue for family and friends to honor their North Texas community and shared culture through art, music and food.
“Sundance Square is the heart of Fort Worth – a place where all are welcome. The plaza was built to showcase all things local and worthy of nationwide acclaim. Fort Worth is a supportive community for local artists, and a destination for art collectors,” said Sasha Bass, CEO of Sundance Square Management. “Supporting local art and music brings vitality to every community. It is integral that we support local and regional talent. Sundance Square is very proud to host an event in their honor.”
Participating art galleries will include Artspace111 & Love Texas Art, Art Tooth, Bale Creek Allen Gallery, Daisha Board Gallery, Dang Good Candy, Flatbed Press, and Pencil on Paper Gallery. A number of galleries will showcase the work of unrepresented artists, in an effort to attract greater visibility.
General admission to the Art Fair is free to the public. For those who desire an expanded experience, a daily FWAF VIP All Access Pass is available to purchase. The All Access Pass experience includes local culinary tastings, private bars and lounges, and guaranteed plaza access during musical performances. Additionally, for those interested in priority access to the musical performances, a FWAF Music Lover Bracelet provides guaranteed in-plaza stage views. Passes can be purchased online or at fortworthartfair.com.
The four-day festival’s extended musical line-up will be devoted each day to a music category, ranging from country to singer/songwriter to blues/jazz to international, with at least six daily performances.
Performances will include:
- Ginny Mac, Steve Story, Kristyn Harris, Kelly Willis, Calder Allen, and headliner Clint Black on Thursday, April 7;
- Robin Hackett, Dustin Welch, Jonathan Tyler, Jordan Whitmore, Bill Carter, Abraham Alexander, and headliner Ledisi on Friday, April 8;
- Gregory Newman Jazz Group, Tatiana LadyMay Mayfield, John Doe Trio, Noel Iverson Orchestra, Bukka Allen, and headlining act Steve Miller with guest Catherine Russell (with Shelly Berg, Dean Parks, Nathan East, & Gregg Field), on Saturday, April 9;
- Kirill Raskolenko and Alex Hand, Squeezebox Bandits, Tony Palos Trio, UNT Latin Jazz Lab Band, Rosie Flores and the Talismen, Brasuka, and Lara Latin with DanceMaker’s studio guest dancers, on Sunday, April 10.
Additional details and a full performance schedule can be found here.